23 YEARS OF AUCTION
Auction Advisory has a rich history from all sides of the
auction industry since 1984. The Founder of Auction Advisory, Thane Grooms,
has been active in the Auction and Technology Industries since 1984.
Incorporated 1994, Thane Grooms, President and Karen Grooms, Editor
and Operations Manager, created a legacy of auction marketing expertise.
- 1994 -
Newspaper was published for 5 years (1994 - Y2K). Auction
Weekly was the required reading for the auction industry in the Southwest
with over 400 auctions each week. Editorial and advertising throughout
the weekly provided insight for buyers, sellers and auctioneers.
- 1994 - AuctionAdvisory.com launches and becomes the
world's largest online auction calendar, covering all of North America.
Between 1994 and 2002 AuctionAdvisory.com published over 100,000
individual live auction event listings.
- 1995 - Auction Advisory Web Publishing designs and
hosts many of the first auction company websites.
- 1998 - Thane Grooms, CEO of Auction Advisory, becomes
President of the Arizona
Auctioneers Association. His two year term of new leadership
jump-starts the association with seminars, conventions and fund raising.
Thane builds the association to 10 times their bank balance, along with a
record high membership.
- 1998 - Auction Advisory adds a printing press to it's
operations and becomes the main source for auction brochures and other
printing in the Southwest. With digital direct to plate technology,
auction brochures were produced within minutes and hours, not days.
- 1998 - Thane Grooms, CEO, sees the eBay freight train.
Thane gave auctioneers an early prediction, through many seminars to
auctioneers around the country, how online auctions would impact the
industry. With a deep technology background, Thane became a "go-to"
consultant for auctioneers that were ready to take the leap online.
- 2000 - Auction Weekly Newspaper goes all digital and online.
With the popularity of the web converging with the inefficiency of the
USPS, it was a leap of faith to stop the popular newspaper and redirect
subscribers exclusively to the web, but it worked.
- 2000 - Thane Grooms, CEO, changes his consulting capacity with
Bidpath Corporation and moves to Seattle, WA where he becomes one
of the co-founders and VP of Sales at Bidpath. Thane was instrumental in
creating the most advanced auction management software, online
integration, and live interactive bidding system ever created for the
- 2001 - Thane Grooms, CEO, comes back. After two years
with Bidpath, Thane feels he's too far from the industry that he loves and
goes back to Auction Advisory. The new direction at Auction Advisory
turns toward business inventory and capital asset remarketing.
- 2002 - Auction Advisory strikes deal with NAA. After
7 years of being the world's largest auction calendar, Auction Advisory
transfers all auction calendar functions to the
National Auctioneers Association.
The NAA's new leadership changed the face of the industry and made
"auctioneers.org" the portal to
the auction industry. As a result of the merger the NAA became the
largest auction calendar in the world.
- 2002 - Auction Advisory focuses on remarketing business
inventories and government surplus.
- 2003 - The first year of inventory remarketing grows while consulting for reutilization contractors.
- 2004 - 2007 Refined focus on government surplus and high tech communications equipment, laser and optical.
- 2008 - 2012 Reselling Industrial/Construction/Agricultural equipment and tools.